(5) Pocket Tanks: this is actually a throwback for me, but this two person pixel tank shooter is one of the best. Pocket Tanks is a tank strategy game where PVP or PVCPU will get a set of weapons with different abilities, movements, and angles to fire at your disposal. The point of the game is to hit your opposing target over a randomly generated pixel terrain and get damage points. The player that has inflicted the most damage by the time all weapons are used wins the match!
4) Tetris: now this game should be familiar to almost anyone. One of the most iconic puzzle games, it is one of the few games to survive the ages. With upgraded graphics and game types, Tetris has more to offer than ever!
3) Words With Friends: AKA Scrabble knock off. This game tests your spelling and mixes with strategy as you try to acquire points through high value words and use of bonus tile placements.
2) Plants Vs Zombies 2: one of the best pick-me-up games for the iPhone. Strategy based game where you protect your brains from being eaten by planting a defensive row of plants to ward off the hungry zombies. As levels progress, more game types and plants (all with different abilities) become available. This game also has tremendous replay value, as it offers the 3 star system to master levels with different accomplishments for difficulty.
1) Clash of Clans/Angry Birds Series: Both of these games are quick to figure out and impossible to put down. Considered some of the most engrossing app games out there, each have their own style of play. Clash of Clans is a army building strategy type game where you build a fortress and defend your resources (used for defense upgrades etc) while also creating armies to attack other villages. After a certain level, you are able to join clans that are ranked world wide and clash your way to the top! Angry Birds offers a more fun and relaxed gameplay. The goal of this game is to hit all bad guys (pigs) who stole your eggs by catapulting birds with different abilities at them. These pigs, however, are usually surrounded by barriers so a lot of thought is usually needed for each level. Angry Birds also comes in a variety of themes, from iconic Star Wars to Indiana Jones which offer amazing cartoonish backdrops!
These may not be your top five games and that’s fine! But if you have not had a chance to try any of these out, go take a gander at the App Store on your iPhones! Most of these games range from free-1.99$ so costs are not too outrageous (except in app purchases maybe).